OEM Group’s ClearTank tank cleaning service removes the contaminants from your tank and paves the way for a comprehensive fuel conditioning programme.
Fuel storage is a potential point of failure that’s easy to overlook. Your tanks can harbour contamination that pollutes any clean fuel they receive.
You need one thing from your standby and primary power systems: dependability. However complex the equipment, you need the assurance that it will function perfectly when and if it’s needed.
It’s one less thing for you to worry about.
OEM Group’s ClearTank tank cleaning service is tailored to your technical and commercial requirements. The ClearTank service addresses the three main forms of fuel contamination: water, solid particulates and microbial growth (a.k.a. the diesel bug):
- Dissolved, emulsified and free water is removed down to 200 parts per million or less as specified in EN590:2009
- Solid particulates such as soot, rust and colloid carbon are removed.
- Microbial growth (a.k.a. the diesel bug) is removed
- Any sludge that may have settled at the bottom of the tank is broken down and filtered out; ClearTank removes hardly any diesel
- Biofilms that form on the tank surfaces are removed. These are often immune to standard fuel polishing techniques.
Once complete, we certify that your tanks are clean and your fuel meets the 18/16/13 level of cleanliness as defined by ISO 4406:1999.
The last thing you want to do is unsettle customers. While tank cleaning is a wise and prudent precautionary measure it can be misinterpreted as an attempt to cure a fundamental problem.
OEM Group’s ClearTank service works discretely from an unmarked van to avoid negative connotations to your business.
OEM Group sees tank cleaning as the first step is a comprehensive fuel conditioning programme. Since the advent of biodiesel, we can’t rely on clean fuel staying clean. As well as particulate contamination, biodiesel attracts water which encourages the growth of new colonies of diesel bug.
An effective fuel conditioning programme includes:
- Fuel Testing
- Fuel Polishing
- Fuel Treatment
- Tank Cleaning
The service is charged according to the size of the tank being cleaned so the cost varies. Please contact OEM Group for more details.
Please note that the service is charged according to tank size, not the volume of stored fuel.
Although it seems illogical, it’s best to clean tanks when they’re full:
- Contamination can arrive in the tanker that delivers your fuel. If you clean an empty tank then have dirty fuel delivered, your fuel is instantly contaminated again.
- Contamination affects both fuel and tanks. Cleaning an empty tank with no fuel is not as effective as it could be.
OEM Group’s ClearTank tank cleaning service ensures fuel contamination will not disrupt your primary or standby power systems.
ClearTank removes solid, water, microbial and bio-film contamination, leaving you with clean, dry fuel. It is an essential introduction to an effective fuel conditioning programme.
The service is delivered via a discrete van that will not alarm customers.
OEM Group’s Fuel Conditioning Handbook covers everything you need to know about maintaining the quality of your fuel and the reliability of the equipment it serves:
- Relevant legislation
- What is clean, dry fuel and why does it matter?
- What’s different about biodiesel?
- How can biodiesel be contaminated?
- How can you prevent contamination?
Our fuel conditioning handbook contains information that helps you improve the condition of diesel stored in bulk storage tanks and day tanks. And it’s not just ‘the word according to OEM Group’. Although we’re experts in the field, we’re happy to provide advice from fuel companies such as BP, Chevron and Exxon Mobil and engine manufacturers such as Cummins and Caterpillar. The fuel conditioning handbook contains the information you need to plan and implement an effective fuel conditioning programme. Not only are we offering this handbook free, if you request this version we’ll also send you the 2014/2015 version as soon as it’s complete – and that’s free too!